FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:31 am
FrankMorris

Programs: American Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by chitown85
I've done 'both bites at the apple' recently and it all posted as base for me. Its a good value all around.
Just to be on the same page here, are we talking about the "pay more to earn more" option? If so, I called AA and asked if these would qualify as LP's and was told no, although to be very clear I have very little confidence in that answer. It was a basic customer service rep who called some other help desk who was offering an interpretation of what I was seeing - it wasn't direct guidance.

Still, these could pretty easily be interpreted as bonus rather than base miles based on the offer structure, etc. I think the odds are lower that these count, although I'm still hopeful they will. Personally, I would be hesitant to put a lot of money in this strategy until March when we see how this actually plays out. I suppose my regular AA hotel bookings and RM booking could be risky as too, but less so than a scheme where I'm offered to pay more to earn more miles, which sounds like the definition of bonus miles to me. Still, that language isn't being used, and if folks are finding that those elevated points bookings are coding as base miles, that's a good sign.