FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Jan 13, 2022, 12:20 pm
Dyce

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Is the maximum Net Promoter Score (NPS) 10 or 100?

The edit suggests a maximum of 100.

What is your source for the UA NPS of 4? Do you have a link?

Perhaps we need a separate thread for discussion of the UA Net Promoter Score, as this is a very specialized field that most travellers without business management or market research experience would have little insight into or understanding of.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_promoter_score
Do a google search for "united airlines NPS score" and the first result is Comparably.com which shows the scores. (Range is -100 to +100). As Kirby seems to think the NPS score is an important indicator, I believe it's relevant to this thread. Not sure how he correlates the current abysmal levels of service to the actual score though - I don't think it takes rocket science to see that below par service = below par NPS score.

Arguments aside over what constitutes good service, the current levels are clearly not working if one ties Kirby's goals of being the world's leading airline to the NPS results. There are some good, service orientated employees at United, but there are also numerous jaded, tired, bitter employees who visibly just don't care. Tone at the Top and a corporate culture overhaul are needed for United to come anywhere close to being a good airline, never mind the world's best. Again, this is Kirby's stated goal.

My confusion is in how he thinks they're going to meet this goal - personally I think it's all investor talk and marketing hype that has no foundation in reality. Probably buys him a couple more years in charge and some more compensation though.