FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General SQ Questions: 2022-
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2022, 9:46 am
freed0m

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by flayum
Tried to find an answer to this googling around, but appear to need advice from the SQ experts on this. Apologies if this is a basic question on SQ schedules, but I'm I'm trying to get the hang of things.

Does SQ delay release of award availability entirely for certain routes?
For example: looking at SIN-SFO on 1 Jan 2022, there are 6 available flights on both award and revenue calendars in J. Moving to 2 Jan or 3 Jan: there are 4 revenue flights, but only 2 show up on the award calendar - the other 2 are not listed at all, not even showing 'unavailable' for J. Y does show multiple additional options.

Should I hold out any hope for these other flights to open award space in J at all? I was hopeful to at least have the option to waitlist, but they don't show up at all. I'm also perplexed by the massive change in J availability from Jan-1 to Jan-2/3. Is this an expected trend for Jan-4 onwards? Thanks for any input!
SQ tries its best not to have a pattern to deter people from taking chances. And SQ does not mind business class seats flown empty.

The strategy is always to book the next most suitable flight and hoping that SQ may release seats on most desired flights.