FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General discussion of UA's inflight service (Domestic / Int’l, all cabins) {Archive}
Old Jan 11, 2022, 6:50 pm
Repooc17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Show me the wide First Class seat you got on that 35 minute flight, and the extra legroom, and the personal device entertainment you got.
I can go to a restaurant after a 35 minute flight and get a nice breakfast, and not have to gulp it down in 20 minutes. What's the point of this? The symbolism of free food? Is this really of any importance?
It takes 20 minutes to eat that meal? That's like a 5 minute meal, max.

United couldn't even offer this even if it had tried. Most lazy FAs would need at least an hour on average to heat up food. On a flight last year, I didn't get my meal until we were getting ready to descend (and no, we didn't have any material turbulence which required FAs to suspend services). A few minutes after being handed the tray, FAs came around multiple times to "check" on my progress.

Inflight services may not be of importance to you, but others may have different priorities. Some people pay premium to for differentiated/elevated services more than just transportation from A to B.