FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Observations on the San Francisco metro area currently?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:43 am
Boraxo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I don't know if ancestral roots in the city for a resident of nearby rich, white suburb with exactly counts as "bonafides" in the way you intend here. Danville exists as it does because white people thought (and continue to think) Oakland is too dangerous. It's Danville's raison d'être.
Danville is actually a very mixed community now as is most of the tri-valley with many first and second generation immigrants. I am sure the latest census numbers will bear that out.

But this isn’t a conversation about historical faults. It is about present day safety in the Bay Area. And I think there’s a pretty broad consensus on what is safe, marginal and otherwise. Of course it is relative and somebody who lives in Compton might find SF very safe whereas somebody from rural Kansas might not.

Having visited a number of cities, states, countries and slums my personal view is that most of SF and BART is relatively safe but that doesn’t mean that all neighborhoods are desirable to visit. Then again I’m the one who panned Los Gatos so everything is relative LOL