FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM : BCN - GRU $1200-$1400 RT Business (I Class)
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:32 am
danfl44

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Can you give me a few more details regarding the antigen test in MEX.
I may have to do that on way to Spain and also on way to Brazil.

Also, on my BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU, I have 3 hrs in CDG, which I assume will be enough time? Not the end of the world if I miss this - will just lose a day in SP, assuming AM would put me on flight next day.
Was any COVID test needed for entry/transit in MEX?

I will have a Spanish Travel Health QR, not sure if that will allow me to use eGates at CDG, or is their another QR I should be looking to get?
Thanks!
3 hours was more than sufficient. Think the lines in CDG will never get so bad that you miss a 3-hour connection.

No testing needed for MEX. If you have a direct connection to GRU, you only need a test in BCN. If you overnight in MEX, you need one in MEX. Would recommend doing it after arriving in MEX. Both T1 and T2 have a testing booth at the departure level, next to the drop-off lane. No appointment needed, payment with cash or card (700 pesos), took me 20 minutes in total.
I would also get a test in BCN just to be sure, even if you have an overnight connection in MEX, the check-in agent may ask for a test, as the final destination will be GRU.

If you are vaccinated in Europe, you can get the Digital Corona Certificate (in the Netherlands it is the Corona Check App). This QR code gives you the possibility to use the eGates, given that you are fully vaccinated (and boostered if having the Janssen vaccin - extra French regulations). The STH QR code only is for entry to Spain.