FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who’s the customer - WN edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2022, 5:36 pm
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
Originally Posted by BlueHenFlyer
Flew SAN - DEN yesterday at the very last minute. Was about the last person on the plane. Had to ask a WN employee (who had gone to SAN for a day off) to move his food on the middle seat in Row 1 to get a spot.
This would have been annoying to me as well. That is one of those sneaky tricks to try to keep the middle seat open that the flight attendants tell passengers not to do. It would seem like in the interest of getting everyone boarded and in their seat as quick as possible that a fellow WN employee would know better.

When we finally got to the gate (after waiting an hour for rampers), the pilot just about knocks those of us in Row 1 down to get off before us (he did).
Did the pilot come from the flight deck or from a row behind you? I rarely get that first row, so I don't have a lot of experience with deplaning from that position, but the few times I have- I have waited closer to my seat because I didn't want to get in the way of the flight attendant opening the door. (So, a pilot wanting the leave first would have clear sailing.) And, if I was in the pilot's way, I would have yielded without complaint. I think we can rule out that the pilot was worried about missing a connection-I'm sure they would hold it for him/her if he/she was flying it. But, maybe the pilot was almost out of duty hours and didn't want to get stranded at DEN. Or, having just flown in maybe the pilot could see some bad weather headed for DEN (and had to make a connection) and wanted to depart before getting delayed. Or, maybe some other traffic management initiative was looming--who knows?