FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Jan 7, 2022, 2:56 pm
Gringa

I hope one of you good folks can help. I know there are other threads about getting refunds but this is one holy mess.

Optimistically last summer I booked a flight to London with miles. I live in Mexico. The flights were GDL-DFW-LHR in Business.
the return was LHR-Mexico City on BA. There lies the problem. I cancelled the flights not long after due to more Covid. I got the miles back on the AA portion but did not get the miles OR the 11,822 pesos ($580.00) back in the fees, etc. So I started calling the Mexico AA offices. As in the States, I have spent hours all told listening to recordings and when I get through the connection is so bad, I can’t hear them or vice versa. The last time a couple weeks ago I was told I would get the miles and cash back in 5-7 business days. I didn’t.

So I poked around the app and found where I could track refunds. The 11,822 pesos was deposited long ago in an AMEX card ending in 3005. My AMEX doesn’t end in those numbers & I only use MC with AA to get miles. Then I found their fax number. Printer is broken so I wrote it all out, took it to a mail place that faxes where they tried for a few hours only getting a report that it couldn’t go through because the machine is either busy, out of paper or turned off. 🤬

So what I need is the NAME and mailing address of someone at AA who can straighten out this holy mess and fix it. Thank you for reading this far and thanks for any assistance.