FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:24 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by r2d2
AA cancelled the first flight on my itinineray (JFK - MIA - CTG and back, Basic Economy), which would have started on Friday morning. Rebooking is offered for Saturday, but I'd rather cancel the whole ticket and get a refund (which I should be eligible for as AA cancelled the flight). The booking was made on aa.com.

When I check the reservation on aa.com, the only options I get are either to choose the suggested rerouting or to choose an alternative (both of which would arrive 24h later than my original arrival). Is there a way I could cancel the ticket online? If I try queueing to the reservations number, I won't probably get called back before the flight would depart
You should be able to just pull up your reservation at aa.com and cancel it. There is a "Cancel Trip" link at the top of the page any time you pull up a reservation.

Once you do that, you can go online to http://prefunds.aa.com and request a refund. In the comments box just put something like "flight cancelled due to crew availability" or mechanical problems or whatever the official reason is.

ETA: looks like all of this morning's JFK-MIA flights are cancelled due to weather.

Last edited by JJeffrey; Jan 7, 2022 at 6:33 am