FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here [2022]
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:46 pm
FTDDD

Hi Team - Silver here, been waiting on a response for 4 weeks. Emailed in again a week ago without a response. How can I escalate and get a response from United? What am I entitled to in terms of compensation? Help is much appreciated

On Nov 3rd I was scheduled to fly DUB - EWR - SFO. Due to a 2h delay leaving DUB I was rebooked to LAX via EWR instead of arriving into SFO, forcing me to overnight in LAX instead of attending business meetings in San Francisco in the evening. The equipment was also unclean and had used napkins under the seat and stuffed into the sides of the seats. Very disgusting especially in times of Covid - I would expect the cleaning protocols to be strictly followed despite delays. The staff apologized but said it wasn't their responsibility as they received the plane this way??
In LAX I was provided with a hotel voucher which worked fine even though the Sheraton LAX hotel is in abysmal state, however, the $40 digital credit card meal vouchers did not work. None of the delivery apps were able to process them.