FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Understanding/Using UA Electronic Travel Certificate & Future Flight Credit {Archive}
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:34 am
kb1992
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
So I am slightly confused. I cancelled a flight as the price had come down. I received a FFC since there had apparently been a change in my itinerary. The requirement for no additional fees was I could not book to leave one day earlier or later and the same for the return.

I ended up making the booking to leave two days earlier.

They reissued the ticket with the same confirmation number. All good.

However, the residual is confusing me. It is a FFC. That is fine as I will be flying somewhere but it kept the same confirmation number as the original flight and the reticketed flight. That makes me slightly nervous.. It is showing up as a FFC in my account I am just nervous about the same confirmation number. Anybody else experienced this and had no issues?
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If non-refundable, if cancelled, the entire purchase amount will go to a FFC.
If a change, if original purchase (with ETC) was higher, the extra will go to a FFC,
Booked a ticket for $730. Made a change that resulted in $130 FFC under the same PNR. New fare was $600.

Eventually canceled the ticket. UA.com shows that the same PNR only has $600 FFC. Am I supposed to get $730 FFC?

Do people make multiple changes but only get ONE FFC amount? Not combined amount?