FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA: Use Home Testing Kit for U.S. Return from International
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:22 pm
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
... the tamper seal on the actual box is what the proctors look for)....
FWIW, I don't think it even matters the box is open. I've done the test a handful of times and the proctor never asked to see the seal. The first step they want me to do is to open the box, then show them the barcode. The test itself is in a sealed pouch. So the first time they actually see the test is when its already open. They probably just dont want you losing the dropper or swab (which is also sealed). I also dont know how easy it is for the dropper to leak.
I know it says it many places not to open the box but I could have sworn I saw a FAQ or something state that it was still ok if it was open.
But ofcourse, don't go opening up your test for no reason. I'm just saying that if the seal is accidentally broken, it doesnt hurt to try anyways.

Originally Posted by legalalien
FWIW, tests ordered on eMed.com last Monday were manufactured on December 6 of this year, with an expiration date of 11/22.
I ordered a 2pack and it expires in Feb (prior to my next intel flight). I only needed on but luckily I was able to sell the other one.
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Upon arriving on UA HND-ORD today, I was pleasantly surprised to see a table of complimentary home testing kits available at the ORD international terminal baggage claim. No personal information was required to receive a self testing kit.

-FlyerBeek
​​​​​​​The emed test, or the regular one?