FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline fee $250/$200 reimbursement reports: UA only (2022)
Old Jan 1, 2022, 9:57 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Talking

That is all well and good but does not help me, I was trying to mop up the 200$ before the fee hits in February
:-)
The UA travel Bank was the easiest 200$ -I would buy 100$ x2 on the family cards and then 2 days later all done!
Any good ideas now deeply appreciated
The DL and WN options are not easy
For DL you need to buy a gift card - then pay from that card then add funds from Amex - then the funds disappear in 1 yr when you cancel ticket
WN - you have to progressively book more and more expensive tickets and pay with Amex !

Gets a bit complex with 10 cards for family and friends
Help!
can we start a petition to UA from Amex freeloaders (I mean card holders) asking for travel bank?

Originally Posted by freemanzhu
The gift registry was down for a long time, and then suddenly the Travel Bank was brought back online once the pandemic hit and United desperately needed cash. With the latest surge they may see a steep drop in bookings, and I expect in a few weeks or months the TravelBank will be back online to take your (well, Amex's) cash.
This offer has ended This special offer is no longer available.

Last edited by ffI; Jan 1, 2022 at 10:30 am