FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bad news - BA's NCL lounge reportedly to close permanently
Old Jan 1, 2022, 3:23 am
Jitesh1

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Plat...
Originally Posted by BA1321
Had my first experience of this lounge yesterday and completely agree it’s very sub par when compared to what we had previously. Felt like sitting in a Costa… or given the number of pints of Heineken being consumed at 8am, a weatherspoons?

In fact my whole NCL visit was distinctly underwhelming when I think of it. Long slow lines at checkin as only two staff were working. Then boarding was a cluster with no mention of priority for CE or shiny cards after queuing again for ages in the corridor. Used to be a great experience, what a shame it’s been reduced to this.
I don't know what time you got there, but when I've checked in at the airport, they have a priority line and (to the annoyance of pax in general queue) I'll go to the agent on the left immediately when they're free 😜

In the corridor at gate as KARFA mentioned, they do separate priority on the right side and normal pax on the left. As the gate is always? gate 3 (can't remember a time when it wasn't !) and opens t-30 min before you can start making your way there in the future.

Once, around three week ago the app loaded a different gate then changed it to the normal gate 3, must have been human error as gate 3 had the ground staff setting up and the screen outside displaying the flight
Potentially they started scanning using both lanes for normal pax after the main line of priority have scanned, but generally they do scan a lot of people before commencing boarding (now group 1 then group 2+3). They should be separated if boarding hasn't commenced

Only time I've not seen something similar to this rule is after a big chunk of boarding has started (around t-20 min I think) or once when there was a terrible delay

But I agree I am not a fan of Aspire and never have been. I go in for a coffee and a place to sit (when lounges were closed I did enjoy sitting around Burger King as it had the runway view)

Last edited by Jitesh1; Jan 1, 2022 at 3:29 am