FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Dec 31, 2021, 7:11 pm
flymonthly

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by tobikosan
My question was on utilizing the amex credit how could I buy the base fare in wallet funds and the additional premium seat "seat selection" on the amex to be refunded back to my wallet rather that have to purchase the base and premium combined on my amex and have that larger outlay be what goes back into my wallet. Does that makes sense? Another poster seemed to imply that was possible.
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits

1. Can you use YOUR wallet funds to buy a ticket for your WIFE? Yes.

2. Can you wait to purchase a Premium seat? Yes.

3. Can you use your Amex to pay for a Premium seat? Yes. Just complete the ticket purchase using your funds then after that purchase is complete go back in to the reservation to pay for a Premium seat. Just be sure to select credit card as the payment method for the seat selection.
​​​​​​
You can do this all at once, rather than purchasing the ticket and then going back and buying the Premium seat. When you’re initially buying the ticket, select a Premium Class (PC) seat. When you go to checkout and pay, if you’re signed in and have Wallet funds available, select Wallet funds as the payment method. You’ll then be told that you have to use a credit card to purchase the seat upgrade. Use your Amex Plat card just for the seat fee. When you cancel the ticket (after the 24 hour free cancellation period), you can refund back to your wallet or get an email certificate. I think you can actually get a refund to any AS account that you can login to.