FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads
Old Dec 31, 2021, 4:29 pm
LeonardIngle

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Incorrect - the number of each fare class still for sale does not mean you can add them up and get the number of free seats - it just is the number BA are willing to sell at that point in time to maximise revenue. At present the numbers for sale in each fare class does indicate a quiet economy cabin (especially given G class shows BA are willing to sell 9 seats in that fare class), but anything can change and you can’t guess available seats in a certain class by the number left on sale as closer to departure, BA may have a quiet Business or WTP cabin and thus they know they can roll people forward if they over-sell economy. Hope this makes sense?

Pilot37
It does make sense, thank you! I'm still curious as to how those numbers indicate a quite cabin? I subscribed to ExpertFlyer yesterday and from what I can see for my flight economy looks pretty much empty! I assume that people have bought tickets for the flight but aren't yet assigned a seat etc.?

Thanks