FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status Passes - what are they and how to use them?
Old Dec 29, 2021, 6:12 am
A to Z

Programs: FB Gold, National Executive
Just wanted to post my experience using a status pass today (thanks to @24left for gifting me it).

My friends and I flew on an Economy Basic fare from YYZ-CDG. We checked in online and were allowed to select 3x32kg each at no cost, when our fare had 0 checked bags included. When we arrived at the airport, we checked in at aisle 1 (there was no gatekeeper for entrance), and the agent happily checked us in. Our bags were tagged with priority tags and sent on their way and were one of the first ones out when we got to Paris.

At security, our boarding passes gained us entrance to the priority security queue without any fuss at the D gates. Since we were in the domestic area, I wanted to try and see if we could enter the Air Canada Cafe. Our boarding passes scanned and let us in (and we picked up some Greenhouse Juice before they closed). We then headed to the International MLL Lounge, and the agents had to scan us in manually which they did without any fuss. Boarding opened, and we boarded with Zone 2.

Overall, a very smooth experience and it seems like they have everything ironed out (at least at YYZ).