FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100% Award Availability for Hilton Honors Diamonds? Apparently Not All The Time!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:56 pm
tide

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
I posted this as a sort of heads-up (not a complaint). My fault for waiting so late but I've been coddled by the fact I thought I could get rooms "anytime".

Interestingly, I sent out an email this morning right after the call to the Hilton Singapore to see if they were willing to "deal". To me, as long as they had availability in Exec Level rooms, it was the same thing really - those are the rooms that I would be placed in whether or not Standard rooms were available or not. For them, it would also fill up space that might not be taken. They would get some rev from HHonors. Win-win.

Maybe I will use the Diamond Desk to broker a call. But the timezone thing is tricky. The Diamond Desk at night seems to switch to an offshore location and those CSRs are not great at doing something like this. I can barely understand what they are saying myself.

...so even if the hotel is sold out you can buy a room
True. As this poster notes too, the guarantee applies to any room not the "fare-class" I want, so-to-speak. No standard rooms. Only exec rooms at S$340/night = yikes. The Conrad is available but I'd rather not stay there (the location) unless necessary.