FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 100% Award Availability for Hilton Honors Diamonds? Apparently Not All The Time!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:21 pm
NYC@LAX

Originally Posted by tide
This was new to me and I want to share this with FTers.

I always thought that one of the great perks of being Diamond is that I could get award availability 100% of the time (barring extraordinary events) if I called ahead of time.

Well, I was wrong.

I cannot seem to get the Hilton Singapore (for a stay next Friday) because there are no standard rooms left. I was told that award reservations has to be made on a standard room and if there are none = no award possible. There are Executive Floor rooms available for this hotel during those dates however, but still an award reservation cannot be made on those.
NEVER FEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whenever I have been faced with this situation I ask the Diamond Desk to call the Hotel and speak to the manager and please confirm a room while I wait and if I have a few days I will wait and follow up with a call. If I am pressed for time I call the Diamond Desk directly at the property or the manager at such property. This has never failed me ever. Wish you luck but if you follow these rules you will not need much luck. Enjoy your stay.