FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Regional Upgrades on Delta (pre 2/1/2022)
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:18 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by allseas1586
What happens to a RUC if you have to cancel the flight? I’m booked to MSY in Feb, and debating if I should use them since seats are available. A bit concerned with the growing covid cases and would prefer not to lose them if I have to cancel.
The two I just used in my previous posts were this exactly. I think they are actually 2019 RUCs at this point that I had redeemed for my wife and I to travel to a wedding in SFO in 2020 That obviously got canceled and they were re-opened and then have been extended a couple of times now (surprisingly they actually had a 1/2023 expiration date on them) and I think actually applied then applied them to an MR that I was supposed to take in August that I canceled (my son arrived a few weeks earlier than expected) and now they are applied to my upcoming work trip.

The short of it is that I’ve applied and cleared RUCs a couple of times since COVID and then had to cancel for various reasons and had no problem getting them re-opened (with any applicable extensions) and applied to future flights