FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve $300 Annual Travel Credit (2016 - 2021)
Old Dec 18, 2021, 1:19 pm
serpens

Originally Posted by AimClickShoot
[...] So does this mean I can't use the $300 at a Grocery Store? [...]
Interesting. How do you navigate to the fine print in your account?

The wiki notes that the $300 at grocery stores counts as a travel charge for travel reimbursement purposes through the end of this calendar year. Post 1521 provides a link to https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...serve-benefits and a quote apparently from that page. However, I cannot find the verbiage on that page, and could not find it on that page on Dec 15.

However, on Dec 15, by clicking the small underlined asterisk next to $300 annual travel credit, I found "Automatically receive up to $300 in statement credits as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year. Through Dec. 31, 2021, gas station and grocery store purchases will count toward earning your Travel Credit.*" Today, I cannot find anything about grocery stores when I click small underlined asterisk, but it does say "Annually, the first $300 in travel purchases will not earn rewards points, regardless of whether the Annual Credit was earned on purchases for Travel, or for promotional offers on other categories, for example at Gas Stations, or Grocery Stores."

I wonder if Chase would renege on the offer if someone did make a grocery store purchase that would have been eligible before Chase removed the verbiage. It had been my intent to spend the $300 at a grocery store, collect the $300 travel credit, and then make no travel purchases (which would earn no points) before downgrading the card. I had intended to ask the gurus if this seemed like a valid idea and a good idea. Now I still ask the gurus. Would Chase renege? Is it a valid idea? Is it a good idea? Thanks.