FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Dec 17, 2021, 4:34 am
lhrsfo
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by greenchicken
Can anyone recommend a testing centre near Heathrow T5 that would allow us to book a test and cancel if we decide not to fly/restrictions change? Or is it fairly safe to just book the day before we need it? Travelling to NYC in first week of January so trying to weigh up when to book all of our tests (and whether the trip is still worth it).
I did a little research as I'm hoping to travel on 28/12. I couldn't find anyone who would let you cancel. So I've booked a Zoom one (from Collinson). If I don't travel it's only £30 odd down the drain. The alternative would be a non-bookable walk up at LHR, but a) I would have to arrive super early to ensure I have it before check in and b) I really don't want to find out at LHR that I've got the thing and have to turn round. As it seems that most people have either no symptons or very mild ones, there's really no way to know which way the test will go. I'd rather find out sooner.