FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Squatters WIn on DL1943 last night
View Single Post
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:05 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chollie
OK, since getting the flight out on time is important and moving gutsy poachers like this after takeoff likely won't be problem-free, the FA should have told the poachers that the police would be waiting at the gate. No delay to the flight, no impact to all but one pax. Well, and perhaps an FA who really is being lazy.

After all, failure to comply with an FA's instructions is a violation of federal law. That plus blacklisting the poachers from flying Delta again.

Here's my issue: that FA appears to have kicked the can down the road, possibly because the pax was being a pain. Well, I fly Delta, and I don't like thinking someone - maybe even these same poachers - will get away with pulling the same stunt on me. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if they've pulled this cr*p before.
Which is exactly what I surmised upthread. I'm sure similar issues have occurred on other carriers. But if the airlines let pax poach, why should they stop.
From reports in the news (there are even YouTube videos), more flagrant than "not obeying FA instructions" seem to lead to a "don't do it again" attitude by LEOs as the punishment.
Question: I always choose window seats, I keep the shades OPEN for the entire flight (I like to see the scenery as well as claustrophobic issues), a few times FAs have "asked" me to lower my shades, which I don't (after explaining my issues)--would I be subject to arrest upon landing?

Last edited by nrr; Dec 14, 2021 at 1:12 pm