FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back (B2B) / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:05 am
David_Doyle

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
CDG Experience (C gates) - Positive

So I'm reporting back on B2B experience at CDG, which is now quite favourable I think. Terminals 1 & 3 at CDG are currently closed. BA uses Terminal 2A.

The airbridge arrangement at CDG is capable of alternating between arrival and departure levels, so when you arrive you are decanted into the lower (arrivals) level, probably around gates C83-C85 or so. There is also possibility you may arrive into A gates, in which case see this post instead.

(Airbridge connected into arrivals level, as seen from departure level above)

When arriving and walking towards arrivals from the C gates there is big yellow signage for transfers off to stairs on the right. Take the stairs down and it drops you into the entry to the regular security check post the passport check. The process is basically the same as if you had come from landside, but deposits you after the passport check. Then through security and up the escalator that takes you to the upper level for departures. I think the whole round trip including a delay at security for a passenger in front was 10-12 minutes at most. Once they're ready for boarding the airbridge is raised up to the departure gates level.

I'll update the wiki to make this more favourable. I was back at the gate with at least 20 minutes before boarding started, however a couple of notes:

1) There is no dedicated transfer security to bypass the usual security. I was there on a Sunday morning and all scanners were in use and things moved along very briskly and professionally. And as it's going into regular security there is no risk of waiting for someone to open a dedicated transfer route etc. I think on balance the use of the regular security checks is better and more predictable.
2) There were an inordinate number of bags that people brought along, and boarding took an age. If you were far back down the aircraft you may see quite a delay getting off. I was in 1D both ways so was easy to disembark quickly. Guess that is the same for a lot of B2B destinations though.

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
I'm going to take one for the team here and try it in early December. Not because I've deliberately chosen it, but because with various flight cancellations and schedule changes I now end up arriving into CDG at 17:40 and departing - hopefully - at 18:30. The original intention was to have 4-6 hours but hey-ho. Note that I'm doing LHR-CDG as the end sector of my CDG-LHR-DXB-LHR-CDG journey, so I'm not risking an itinerary if I miss the inbound.

I'll be leaving my rucksack at Heathrow so will be just decanting wallet, keys, belt, phone at CDG. From the Paris airport websites it suggests a yellow signed 'transfers' route which I read will just be a security check. I'm seated in 1C both ways so *hopefully* set myself up with the best chance.

The vagaries as I've read it are long queues outside of our control.

The outbound LHR-CDG and the inbound look busy - coming back is just J2 Y2 with all the rest zeroed out - so may be a help.....

I'm heartened to read CWS's experience from last year, but yes I'm going to be braced for a potentially 'exciting' experience. I'll be reporting back after

Last edited by David_Doyle; Jan 6, 2022 at 6:14 am Reason: Updated to reflect C gates