FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How many would choose AA voluntarily if the circumstances were different?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 8:06 pm
FrankMorris

Programs: American Executive Platinum
As the OP, I've intentionally held back responses as I've been simply taken up in everyone's answers. Thank you all so much - what thoughtful and comprehensive responses. I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised - I posted this in part in response to seeming disdain by many for American on this forum. When I go (less frequently) to the UA section, it seems I read less. I was expecting for things to tip more towards UA, but am surprised to see things somewhat neutral, but leaning towards AA. Perhaps that's because this was posted on the AA side of the forum?

In any case, I certainly agree with those who have challenged the premise of my question, as separating individual circumstances from "general experience" is pretty tough.

Thanks for everyone's specific comments as well, such as the comments related to my specific city. AA and UA are both viable options, though AA has a few more routes, particularly if you factor in AS. So, as someone who has nothing invested on either side and some freedom to choose, after I've done all the math with elite programs etc., I've simply been looking for those overall conclusions you folks have drawn with so much more experience than me. So, thank you all for sharing. I really appreciate it.