FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159
Old Dec 7, 2021, 8:35 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by cedejah
I am meant to fly CMN-MAD-LHR-MIA on Dec 14 and the CMN and MAD legs have been cancelled. I just spoke to AA and requested that I start the journey in LHR. At first the agent said the helpdesk said I should cancel the flight and rebook LHR-JFK-MIA but I told him I still want the flight so I dont see why I need to cancel it. So he suggested that I just show up at the airport in London for the flight and I will be able to fly. Does anyone know if this is true?
In the past, when an initial leg was cancelled, AA had to update my ticket to start from the next point. Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable ignoring the issue and just showing up. I'd call back and try and get AA to start in MAD (or BCN or similar). The links upthread to AA's policy on using an alternative airport within 300 miles should help

Also - I paid $650.05 for the flight but it says the fare is $2,965 + Taxes and fees $312.05 = $3,277.05.
What do you mean by "it says the fare is"? Do you mean when you look at your itinerary on aa.com, or when you put in your eticket number on the receipts section of aa.com, or do you mean when you check what the current fare is for a new ticket?

Will I get credited for the fare that AA has published or just for what I paid? I know a few folks have already flown so hoping they can assist. Im trying to make exec plat and this trip could help me meet the EQD.
You only get credit for the base fare and carrier-imposed fees shown in your ticket. Note that AA likes to lump taxes and carrier-imposed fees together when they show what a fare is or what you paid, but internally they are treated quite differently.