FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Two drink limit in First? Policy or rubbish?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:23 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
That’s poor effort. I can get through 3 mini wine bottles in 50 minutes between London and Glasgow.

Longer and all bets are off.
A friend and I drank Virgin Trains out of Stella on a WCML trip from Euston to Glasgow many years ago. We'd drank solidly all the way north and asked for a couple more as the train was passing Carstairs. This was in First Class so everything was complimentary. There weren't any on the trolley so the bert suggested I ask for a couple at the buffet. None there either. Apparently they'd restocked the buffet at Preston but we'd demolished that too.

Bringing the subject back to planes, we'd normally manage a PDB plus a couple more without any difficulty on LAS - LAX / PHX. Never been cut off by AA. CX tried to, once, on LAX - HKG when my wife and I were in PE. The FA "suggested" that we might want to slow down a little as alcohol affects people more at altitude and if we weren't used to it then she'd have to limit how much she served. I politely "suggested" that she look at the passenger manifest and she'd see that it wasn't exactly our first rodeo. I was OWE and my wife OWS at the time. Let's just say that our glasses were never left unfilled and we had extremely attentive service for the remainder of the flight.