FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ITV just said on the 6pm news a pre arrival test into the UK will be required…
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:18 am
81romeo

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Joshm300
Asking for some people in our hotel in BGI at the moment. Is our understanding that the new testing rule apply to people arriving in the U.K. tomorrow morning after 4am, or does it apply to flights departing to the U.K. after 4am tomorrow?

So, if I was to fly back from the Caribbean tonight and land at 5.30am tomorrow morning, do I need a test or does it only kick in for people flying tomorrow onwards?
Bang on - this was my dilemma too - according to gov.uk:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

From 4am on Tuesday 7 December anyone aged 12 and above wishing to travel to the UK will need to show a negative pre-departure test (LFD or PCR). The test must be taken within the 2 days before you travel to the UK"

I personally read this as anyone wishing to travel to the UK after 4am on Tuesday needs a test i.e. it applies to all flights departing to the UK after that time rather than flights landing after 4am. It's "wishing to travel" versus "arriving".

I'm exactly in this situation and I got a negative COVID test certificate just to be on the safe side.