FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:45 pm
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by coleslaw
I have an upcoming MIA-LHR-MAD-CMN trip where the MAD-CMN segment has dropped out of the itinerary. I've gotten a "Call AA Reservations about a flight change." notification. When I look for possible options to get to CMN (while maintaining the MIA-LHR-MAD routing) I can't find anything on ITA. Individual segments are available but the routing as a whole is not.

How much flexibility have AA been giving people for these types of changes? My flights aren't until next month but I'd like to get the itinerary re-ticketed soon.
The "Call AA about a flight change" email happens when a flight is cancelled and the auto-reaccommodation process can't find a replacement flight. In this case, it's likely because Morocco has ordered a halt to flights for the next two weeks. If your flights are in that period, you may need to skip Morocco and end in Madrid, or push the flight dates to later. Once the situation with Omicron becomes clearer, flights may resume.

I've been getting email alerts from the U.S. State Department about the suspension of Moroccan flights, e.g.,:

(The email goes on to list options for U.S. residents stuck in Morocco.)