FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US reopened on 8 November 2021 (& subsequent entry restrictions for non-citizens)
Old Dec 1, 2021, 8:38 am
tr3k

Originally Posted by mlin32
When I sign up for the tests online at one of the major pharmacy chaines, in the online form it asks for the SSN. I'll bring my passport with me to the testing site as ID, as it's my only US-issued form of ID that's still valid.

For daily minor things like age verification I just show my EU-issued ID card.
This depends on a type of a test. When registering for a test at "community sites" at one of the major pharmacy chains, nothing is required other than a name and a DOB (currently registered for just such a test)

Originally Posted by richarddd
If we're talking about testing on return to the US, the odds are that you'll know your return date 3-5 days in advance and can book.

Perhaps order one of the supervised at home tests and have it delivered to your hotel, etc. Or see reply immediately above.

This thread is mainly about traveling to the US, not other destination countries.
My point is that the current testing is operating essentially at (or slightly above) capacity. Adding a substantial amount of newly required testing will overload it (and there is no "spare", evidently, otherwise they would have added it long time ago to improve test availability).