FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B2B covid document requirements by BA.
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:43 am
flyerkit

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Originally Posted by nh1980
To be fair, the UK government guidance doesn't make the exemption in this scenario the easiest to find as it's buried way down a long list (after all the exempt professions) but for such landslide transits where you do clear border control e.g, stay in a hotel overnight, it's as follows:

Landside transit

Landside transit is when you pass through UK border control on arrival, but you leave the UK shortly after (usually within 24 hours). You may leave from the same airport, railway station or port where you arrived, or from a different one, so long as you travel directly to that port of departure.
When I went to do my PLF on my mobile phone for AMS-LHR-USA tomorrow, expecting to follow your useful guide, I was pleased to see that the option of "Transit" is there right at the beginning of the process - making the PLF really easy to do.
Phew!

As noted above, unfortunately BA requires a negative test result in compliance with entering Netherlands, even for a transfer.
This means a quick self done Lateral Flow at home later today (within 24hrs of flight) for all of our party. No big deal, but irritating.

You also need a quarantine certificate from the Netherlands website to keep with you during the transit (saying you are exempt because you are transiting - otherwise you have to give an address in NL!)