FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Vacations change fee when TSA interrupts travel plans
Old Nov 9, 2004, 1:23 pm
mwhitted

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Bagels
Last week I traveled to Reno via an AA Vacations air/hotel package. Upon returning, the TSA informed me that my notebook computer had not only tested positive as an explosive, but had also raised concerns among the screeners (it’s a standard, unmodified, popular model notebook from a major manufacturer). Therefore, I was denied the right to fly until I could undergo additional questioning / screening -- a process that took nearly three hours to complete. By that time my scheduled AA flight, the last of the day, had departed. The only person manning the AA counter referred me to call AA, which told me that my “W-class tour ticket” had no remaining value; I had to purchase a ticket on another airline.

Has anybody else had a similar experience? Can anybody confirm whether or not discounted tickets purchased via AA Vacations are not eligible for change fees, etc. in extreme situations?
YOU should have to pay NOTHING for this! I'm not sure who SHOULD though. AA and/or TSA.

BTW, what was the deal on the notebook? False positive? What did the TSA finally say?