FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for a F award to SIN and a cheap ticket in Y as well
Old Nov 9, 2004, 12:35 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by TonySCV
Hi All!

Knowing that this is the off season, my friend and I are planning a trip to Singapore for a 4 day weekend from LAX. Trip sdates are flexible, but the 2 main factors are award F inventory availability (I have lots of UA miles to burn) and my friend wants to fly on the cheap - as cheap of an economy fare as possible.

I want to fly F, not C, so I know I have to connect somewhere (probably LAX-NRT-SIN) but otherwise I'm not terribly familiar with QA enough to know how to hunt out the best deals. I'm assuming F award availability will be the smaller of the two obstacles. My friend wants to spend less than $500 for the ticket - which I'm sure will be tough.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Including the "no way in hell" variety .

- T
This will be a tough challenge to get Y for $500. But for the F award, SQ flights that still have F are LAX-NRT-SIN and SFO-HKG-SIN. From my experience, SFO-HKG is tougher to get award seat in F. LAX-NRT is possible, but may be you have to be in C for NRT-SIN. For the return, SQ12 will be tough to get all the way from SIN. But may be you can get your luck from NRT-LAX in F.
I personally prefers LAX-NRT-LAX than SFO-HKG-SFO. It seems that I have experienced excellent services for SQ11/12 all the time.