FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Nov 28, 2021, 8:16 pm
Stripe

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by marlee1421
Have had 2 5 hour+ domestic flights since 11/10 and AA is still serving the same cold food for lunch and dinner in F. FAs said in early Nov that the ovens were tested and used for pilot hot meals and reported as did other sources that hot meals were returning 11/10 to domestic F. Also shows when booking lunch, dinner or breakfast instead of refreshments. Return of glasses does not even begin to be an adequate step forward. Does not appear we are going to see hot food and pre-orders any time soon.
Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
Yesterday’s LAX-DFW “lunch”. The other choice was the Turkey sandwich on pretzel roll. The FA described this option as the “tomato, mozzarella and cheese sandwich”. Mozzarella is cheese, so that was weird. The mozzarella was very wet, so the bread was super soggy. I concur with the consensus: the potato salad is not good (and I generally love potato salad). The side salad was a pile of Parmesan shavings, also not good. The crew were grumpy, bar one who was wearing a trainee lanyard and who did most of the work after the trays were initially dropped off.
Originally Posted by Cloudship
JFK>MIA 11/20/21 Breakfast in J. Egg salad sandwich. Incredibly dry and flavorless. Don't ask me what the stuff in the corner was - whatever it was it was inedible.
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Just flew PHL-SAN on Thanksgiving...still no glassware and still the nasty turkey sandwich or a "nut" salad the FA called it.
Originally Posted by dmxwidget
I was on ORD-PHX yesterday and had my Turkey sandwich on thanksgiving at least…the brownie with caramel was tasty.
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Bit confused/upset... thought meal service on Mid-Con was back. Today I was given the stupid turkey sandwich but whats worse is the FA said its Cheese and i even said Okay I'll take it as long as its not the disgusting turkey sandwich. She said that is for lunch not breakfast and this would be cream cheese. At any rate, it was freaking turkey.....And thats all they had. How is that breakfast? What a joke.
So in other words, even though flights now show as Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner instead of "Refreshments" absolutely nothing has changed? Just a misleading relabeling?