FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - B2B covid document requirements by BA.
View Single Post
Old Nov 28, 2021, 3:09 pm
nh1980

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Originally Posted by lowdownlo
Just to add that I had an overnight stop over in London before the B2B to AMS so I did not choose the transit option and opted for doing the Day-2 test twice.
To be fair, the UK government guidance doesn't make the exemption in this scenario the easiest to find as it's buried way down a long list (after all the exempt professions) but for such landslide transits where you do clear border control e.g, stay in a hotel overnight, it's as follows:

Landside transit

Landside transit is when you pass through UK border control on arrival, but you leave the UK shortly after (usually within 24 hours). You may leave from the same airport, railway station or port where you arrived, or from a different one, so long as you travel directly to that port of departure.

If you transit landside, you do not need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England if you:
If you do not qualify as fully vaccinated or you have been in a red list country, you need to take a COVID-19 test in the 3 days before you travel to England.

Check separate guidance to see if you qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England.

You must complete a passenger locator form before you travel to England.

You need to do the following when you complete your passenger locator form.
  • select ‘Stay in the UK’ under the Your travel plans section
  • reply ‘I will be travelling for an exempt reason’ to the question about whether you are required to self-isolate on arrival
  • select the Exemption options, and then select ‘Transit Exemption’
This includes if you are transiting onto the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. You may need to show evidence of onward travel and where you will be staying at the border.

When you are in England you do not need to quarantine or take any COVID-19 travel tests.

You must either:
  • remain within your port of entry until your departure from England
  • travel directly from your port of entry to another port of departure in England

In the PLF these options come up once you start to type "transit" in the exemption reasons