FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:30 am
swiss_global

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I’m sympathetic with those of you struggling and hoping for extensions. I’m fortunate enough to have achieved both the 25000 miles and the 4 segments on TP metal. My status match was granted on 25 October 2020 and my regular “review date” is 31 July 2021. So I have met the conditions for the definitve status match before the review date.

Now, my question: What happens (a) on 31 July and (b) what will happen to miles I earn between 1 August and 25 October 2021? I would assume that (a) the status counter will reset to zero and (b) miles are counting towards my 2022 requalification. Is my assumption correct?
Apparently, nobody knew what will happen ... in the meantime, I have some experience, although this is not easy to interpret:

- On 31 July 2021, the status miles counter was not set to zero, but remained at the previous level. However, the "next review date" moved to 31 July 2022.The virtual memership card also stated 07/2022.
- Miles earned between 1 August and 25 October were added to previous status miles balance.
- On 25 October 2021, the counter was sort of reset, deleting the status miles earned before 31 July, but keeping the ones earned between 1 August and 25 October. The "next review date" stayed at 31 July 2022, but online membership card moved to 07/2023.

I'm still confused, but at a higher level. I'm not sure, if I have to requalify unitl 31. July 2022 (possibly not, because the membership card shows one additional year until 07/2023). I'm also not sure, what happens with any status miles earned until then (probababy the counter will be set back to zero).