FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Black Friday Gift Card Sale Returns!
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:30 am
CanadaDH

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
LifeExperience is doing 22% off with the code CYBERSALE (valid through November 29, 2021, 11:59 PM PT.), which sounds better than the Fairmont GC offer (for 3000 in value, buy 2500 worth of Fairmont GC or 2340 worth of life experience certificates), with the caveat that one can only redeem 1000 worth of life experience certificates per stay while an unlimited amount of Gift Card can be redeemed.
Yes, I was very pleased when that hit my inbox this morning!

Officially, there is a limit of $1,000 LE certificates per stay, however, I find that you can sometimes push that limit, by visiting the front desk on different days throughout your stay, and dealing with different agents, and applying an additional batch. Hotels started to catch on and enforce that limit more and more in the later years. But, perhaps since Costco stopped selling them at 25% off, the volume of use has died down (I haven't used any in a long time), and with it, the attention by hotels to monitor the limits.