FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question on Eurowings (4W) Earning PQM & PQS plus Premier Benefits
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:35 am
Aussienarelle

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Can someone help me understand the baggage allowance on a UA-booked EW segment? It's Spain-MUC-US with Spain-MUC EW operated and coded and then MUC-US on UA. The ticket UA sent me says the first bag is free but I don't think their ticket rules apply. It's an award ticket booked in "U" on EW and "X" on UA. The ticket does specifically state that in accordance with US DOT regulations the baggage policy for my entire ticket (it's a one-way) is determined by EuroWings.

I only need to check one bag due to oversize toiletries but I can probably dump them if EW is going to charge me. The baggage charge is probably more than the value of the toiletries I would dump if I had to.

Thanks,
-RM
I flew EW over Summer. PMI-MUC connecting to UA flight MUC-SFO.

I did not have an issue with my bag but I think the limit was 50lbs instead of 70lbs.. I am *G.

A bigger pain was the carryon on the initial part of the trip with EW: MUC-PMI. They made me check my carryon at the gate even though there was so much overhead luggage space. I had to carry my laptops and chargers onto the bus and up the stairs on the tarmac. Most ridiculous thing so watch out for that.