FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - National/ Alamo FAQs and Questions
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2021, 4:11 pm
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by IMissThe747
I heard back from National. They requested the final rental invoices for each rental that had not earned rewards credit. I responded right away via email with the receipts. I received a response a few hours later indicating that the rentals had been credited to my account and would also count towards elite status.

I logged into my account to confirm. Interestingly, the reward credits clearly show correctly now - I have the appropriate number of rental credits and free days. However, the trips still don't show in the trip history. Maybe it's just a unique thing with the overseas franchise locations. Anyways, I appreciate the help!
This makes complete sense. The overseas locations you rented from are only loosely affiliated with National, at least from a technology perspective. They receive a reservations feed from National, but they typically run their own counter and back-office systems which means that National probably has zero visibility into completed rentals. When questions arise, they will have to email the local contact to investigate the matter.

In this case, they just wanted to make sure you actually completed the rentals you said you did. That's why they asked for proof. It wasn't worth their time to actually follow-up with the location to confirm. The final receipts were enough to prove that you rented and were entitled to the credits so they awarded them to you. There's a very good likelihood that those trips will never actually show in your history because National probably doesn't have a way of ingesting them. As for whether you ever would have gotten credit for the rentals had you not asked...who knows.