FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:49 am
jbandy10

Originally Posted by aww3583
The DT is our preferred hotel in the Orlando area. Bang for your buck, it can't be beat, especially with kids. Every room is a suite (bedroom separated from living area). We've been upgraded 2/3rds of the time we stay here, and most recently, we've twice been upgraded to the conference room suite that is bigger than my first condo.

It's not the prettiest hotel. The pool is small-ish and the pool deck is average. The food selections, especially during COVID, were sparse. The gift shop is under new management and a shell of what it used to be. But, for 40k points per night, it's perfect. You don't go to Orlando to spend all day in the hotel.

First impressions matter. Our first stay here was several years ago. I became violently ill with a stomach bug during the first night. My wife took our daughter to Disney to give me time to rest. The front desk staff brought up Gatorade without being asked. They checked on me periodically throughout the day. I'll never forget that.
My only issue with the double tree is that it's a .7 mile walk from DS versus a .3 mile walk to DS from the HLBV. I know that seems trivial, but for someone who likes to shop, go back to room, walk back to eat...etc.... That adds up.

Can anyone comment if it's worth $100 a night extra to upgrade to a a deluxe suite at HLBV?