FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated year-end push for status/next level advice/how-to thread
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:50 am
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyztodtw
I'm about 18000 MQM from Plat. I have an upcoming run that looks like it'll net me 4000 but, I'd still need another 14000 from somewhere (thinking a last minute Europe hop).

My travel in 2022 will be mostly YYZ/LAX, NYC,LAS with a few hops to Europe/Africa. I've been Silver for the past two years, but I feel like I could even get Diamond with my planned travel in 2022. Living in YYZ so no MQD needed for me. Is it worth the Push for Platinum before end of year, or should I simply wait and get it early in 2022 There isn't much time left in the year, so I don't have an actual planned trip. If I go somewhere now it'll be a mileage run, but if I do it next year, it'll be a leisure/work trip. Wondering if there's any advantage to hitting Plat now vs Feb/March?
It'll be easier to hit this year with the Status Accelerator program. YYZ-OGG can be done for $759CAD roundtrip (or 50K with Skymiles) in main cabin in December and earns 14K+ MQMs with Status Accelerator. YYZ-ANC goes for $554CAD/29K miles and is in the neighborhood of 10K - 11K MQMs depending on routing. I have DTW-SEA-PHX-SEA-DTW (9K MQMs) booked in December for 18K miles in Main Cabin, but it's up to 25K miles now. DTW-SEA-DTW is on the new A339.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 16, 2021 at 6:12 am