FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: DFW / Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Nov 11, 2021, 5:31 pm
botham

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I'm sorry to have to call you out on this, but you were told quite clearly what the process was for clearing immigration, customs, checking your bags and going through TSA before your onward domestic flight. I actually wrote a post to your question on the BAEC board about this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33654966-post14.html

Now, admittedly, passenger numbers may be a bit higher since the US opened to travellers from the UK and the Schengen zone etc. on the 8th November and if there were fewer CBP officers working then immigration would have taken longer - but the overall process hasn't changed. Yes, the video onboard is out of date but my post told you that the automatic passport machines at DFW had all been removed, except for the GE kiosks.
Thank you for pointing out my error. Unfortunately, however concise and accurate your post was, when arriving from a long flight and a particularly long day, with it feeling like 1 am, sometimes it’s possible to forget some of the details. Indeed, the plane was packed and clearly other arrivals came into the hall at the same time and although the signs had 12 minute wait, it was nearer half an hour and we were then anxious but we might miss our onward flight. Another lesson learnt and I’ll ensure that in future we take direct flights.

I fail to see why the video was shown when much of it is inaccurate, as it’s the video that you remember rather than trying to remember what someone posted on the Internet.