FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifemiles serious booking problems - Beware (old legacy thread)
Old Nov 10, 2021, 7:02 pm
royal757

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by BuBu4
YMMV, i got the same error, i see it on United and on lifemiles as well but the rep do not see it. they want u to email support. then it just becomes a game of getting a hold of them and billing department. I finally got the itinerary i want but couldnt get to billing department to pay the taxes.
Quite the headache. im on my 2nd 40 min hold after the first one disconnected.
honestly no luck. They speak awful english, the language barrier is horrible when on the phone.

They have a problem with any Air Canada flight. I try to search lots of routes, and lots of dates and the lifemiles website shows wide availability (that matches availability on united and air canada's website), but apparently when on the phone with them they are unable to book at as "they don't see it".

I basically transferred thousands of miles for nothing ... And nothing with a stopover with a United flight. This lifemiles thing is worthless, the worst part is before transferring the miles I made sure there was availability but its their systems that has a problem with booking anything Air Canada related. It just "doesn't exist but it shows on their website" which is funny because sometimes it says "2 seats left" .. They say "because of terms and conditions we cannot resend you your miles back to Citi ThankYou". I mean Ok you're right there are terms and conditions ... but your website is misleading me to believe I'll be able to book and at the very end I keep getting an error, and the support cannot even see the flight... Really painful.