FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How early to arrive BKK?
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:49 am
divrdrew

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by estnet
Things are changing now with more tourists and flights. Hard to predict what/when - a few weeks ago even most of the restaurants were closed, but some are now re-opening. When are u flying?
IIRC I could never do OLCI even before covid - but that may have been b/c I was flying to the US and they had to check passport, etc. I think it was for all departures, though and now it is even more strict. If you are able to do OLCI I'd love to know b/c I remember often waiting for the desk to open. The only exception is for airlines that had earlier flights I could check in early b/c the desk was open for that flight, but JL doesn't have so many departures from BKK
Flying last week of December. From what I gather on the web site, looks like JAL is pushing everyone to OLCI at the time. I'll try that route and will post my results, both outbound from US and return from BKK. I've also seen different desk times reported...from three hours before (~22:00) to opening at 22:35 (2.5 hours before). I think I'll have to plan to get there around 22:00 either way.