FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEWBIE LOUNGE: Ask DL and Skymiles Newbie Questions Here - Flame-Free Thread
Old Nov 7, 2021, 12:41 pm
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by SchindHaughton
Looks like my understanding of the policy may have been a little garbled- I was recalling the policy that applies to linked (but separate) reservations.

https://liveandletsfly.com/delta-companion-upgrades/
I didn't include the DL rule for linked reservations, which I've included below, but what it states is that if both have status then they each gets upgraded based on their individual status, not that they both get upgraded on the lower member's status. So, from an upgrade priority standpoint, it doesn't matter whether or not the reservations are linked, each gets what they're entitled to and one loophole to game the system has been closed.

Blogs are nice. Some bloggers are better than others. I strongly recommend that if you read about something on a blog that you check it out and confirm it with Delta's official policy.

If you and your companion are in different paid ticket reservations that have been linked, upgrades to U.S. 50 domestic Delta One, First Class and Delta Comfort+ work a little differently:
  • For domestic Delta One and First Class, your upgrades will clear based on your individual Member Status and confirmation windows, if available. For example, if Platinum and Silver Medallion Members are traveling together, the Platinum Medallion Member will clear at the Platinum window and the Silver Medallion Member will clear at the Silver window. If your companion is a General Member who does not have Medallion Status, their upgrade will clear at the clearing time of the Medallion Member’s Tier. For example, if a Platinum Medallion Member and a General Member are traveling together, both will clear at the Platinum window.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Nov 9, 2021 at 6:31 am Reason: spelling