FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Covid Testing for UK Travel - London Based Travellers
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:58 pm
capedreamer

Programs: AC E75K
Hi All,

I'm taking my first trip to the UK since the pandemic in a couple of weeks, and after reviewing the list of providers on the UK government website, I'm still not sure what's the best option for my situation. Hoping someone with some experience can advise.

I arrive on Monday, Nov 15, at 8:30am from Canada. I'm fully vaccinated and do not need to quarantine, but will require the Day 2 test. I depart back for Canada on Saturday, Nov 20, at 11:10am. While this may change, Canada currently requires a PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure, so earliest would be after 11:10am on Wednesday, Nov 17.

1) Is my understanding correct that "Day 2" in this case would be Wednesday, Nov 17, and I could take the Day 2 test anytime before 11:59pm on Nov 17?
2) If #1 is correct, if I take a PCR test marketed as a Fit-to-Fly test by a provider, will I be able to use the same test as my Day 2 test? For example, I see Eurofins offers both Day 2 and Fit-to-Fly PCR tests, but they're priced differently, if I take the more expensive Fit-to-Fly test, will it meet both requirements? If not, are there other providers who do?

Many thanks!