FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA planning to launch ‘low-cost’ shorthaul subsidiary at Gatwick in 2022
Old Nov 5, 2021, 4:36 pm
Speedbirdsouth

Excellent news to hear the LGW SH may finally be taking off (pardon the pun)

re salary, yes it’s low, not sure anyone can argue against that but as has been said, the job, and aviation in general still is an attractive proposition to many people and airlines and other employers in the Industry know this. It will be oversubscribed. When companies struggle to recruit that’s when salaries increase.

no longer are jobs in many industries, especially cabin crew seen as long term and so it’s a continuous cycle. Recruit on low salary/poor pension, oversubscribed, fill jobs, after a few years, people leave, recruit again on low salary/poor pension and so on.

with regards to the LGW SH. Personal opinion, I think JER will stay at LHR, I don’t even think BA will bother with a W rotation. Not sure if BA will see the merit of an EDI W rotation.

LGW will always be summer heavy but I hope, the new team heading up the LGW SH work out as best they can to flatten the summer peak and winter lull. The lean months of November, December, January and February if they can make those work it will make a big difference