FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United and Avis ink new partnership
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2021, 12:07 pm
COSYR

I'm happy that Hertz extended my President's Circle through early 2023, so there is some status until all the details come through with the Avis partnership. I liked Hertz' Ultimate Choice, and I'm still surprised more other companies haven't copied it, but Hertz' Pres Circle only included a single class upgrade as a benefit, versus back when I was Avis President's Club, it was 2 classes. Some of that is semantics, as good employees would say "Ooo, you're Pres Circle/Club. Let's see what the best car we can give you is." and other's would completely ignore it. Also, at any company, I find even travelers without status rarely end up in the exact class vehicle they rent, just because cars are always moving around, but I haven't rented much during the pandemic, so that could be changing.

I've had good experiences with both Hertz and Avis, even internationally, where the benefits supposedly stop. It's just a shame that you can't at least earn miles on most of the companies anymore. Even though CO/Chase had status benefits with Avis, you could earn Onepass miles on all major companies, but when UA went exclusive with Hertz, you couldn't even get the 500 miles with other companies. That was a shame for casual flyers, you were trying to convince to invest in United miles instead of bank or Costco options.