FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Suggestions As to How to get together with relatives in China
Old Nov 3, 2021, 4:39 pm
gudugan

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by DaileyB
I have started thinking that maybe the best plan would be to invite family members to the US. When they return to Wuhan they will be quarantined in their own city, which is the least worst alternative that I see. The younger people in family would like to visit. No doubt the older people have little inclination to come to the US.
I agree, I think this is the best plan. I know others in a similar situation and they are planning on something like this. Meeting in a third country (in Asia) is risky because the rules/regulations could change rapidly and that throws off the plan. Meeting in a third country in Europe is probably possible but then everyone is flying instead of just one group.

This obviously assumes that the relatives don't have visa problems entering the US. The Chinese passport is relatively weak so a potential Europe plan could also have visa issues.

If there are visa issues, the best potential 3rd country would be somewhere where
1) no visa needed for Chinese passport
2) no visa needed for US passport (much easier)
3) no entry or exit covid restrictions