FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Only one drink service for 5+ hour flight?
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:15 am
sotastep

Thanks for the insight ya'll. So I'm gathering that it is pretty common to have one drink service.

Another interesting part of the flight with the open first class seats was that we were told that the 6 hour delay was because of mechanical issues with the original plane. The pilots told us that the delay was so long because they had to get us a new plane. About 3 hours into the flight the captain announces that we are being diverted to Dallas because of mechanical issues... So i'm guessing it was not a new plane.

The one silver lining was the customer service response when i submitted a complaint. After we landed in dallas, our departure time to SFO kept getting pushed back because they were waiting for a pilot. I assumed that the flight would eventually be cancelled and decided to book a hotel and get a flight the next morning, fully expecting no compensation for the hotel. AA responded a few days ago and issued a $150 flight credit and cut a check for $100 to cover the hotel.